Thursday, January 12, 2006

Goodbye Hawaii, Hello Singapore!


Hey all... first of all... HAPPY BITHDAY BETHYN!!!!!!!!!!! lots of love, have a wicked day!! xx

OK so our last night in the aloha state was so nice. The whole crew went out for dinner , we were adorned with leis and love and I was really overcome! Me and Devon had a tearful goodbye (of course) after the fantastic Itallian meal... thankyou all for coming, it was a great turn out and I will miss you all terribly, you are some of the most fantastic people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know.

The whole crew, left to right, top row: Marisol, Steve, Me, Keith, Jen, Naomi, Katrina. Bottom row: Fyful, Devon, Heidi, Kelly, Devin, Danielle and Jen.

So we arrived in Singapore last night after missing a day (wednesday), and a funny change at Tokyo where we ate some crazy unitentifyable food, and the toilets were a concrete urinal set into the floor!!!!! Luckily the movies were good so we were entertained, and our mate from work, Mark (who happens to be here at the same time as us) picked us up from the airport and we stayed at his swanky hotel which was bliss!! A good bed!! Fluffy pillow!! And best of all... a nice, deep bath tub!!!!!!!!! Yes!!! The first thing about Singapore that his you is... the rain. By God, its wet!! As I type I am soaked to the undies from the 2 minute walk to the immaculate tube station, which is something reminiscent of the resident evil movies- you know, under-ground hi-tech research station! We will be staying in a hostel called the Inn Crowd, in an area called Little India, which is amazing!! More rough round the edges than the Singapore I expected and full of all kinds of amazing sounds, smells and sights. A complete explosion for the senses and I am so excited about wandering round the place when I get off the computer in a minute. I'm sure there will be great pictures and stories to come.

Aloha again to all my loved ones in Hawaii, I'm not going to gush anymore 'cos noone wants to hear it and you all know how I feel! And of course big love to everyone at home. Dayna, thanks for the email, good luck with your footie match and coursework, You'll do great.

Lots and lots of Love, from a drowned rat! xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home