Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Swimming Vs Icecream

Today Has been a very long, crappy and exceptionally rainy day. It wasn't just me feeling it, everyone at work (with the exception of our two cheery maintenance guys) seemed to be sufferring in some way. Perhaps its the humidity. Either way, I have been feeling so tired and lethargic (and distinctly in need of a good neck and shoulder massage, as well as a man-sized hug) that by mid morning I had decided that I would just swim after work and not go running. By lunchtime I had decided perhaps going straight to bed would be a better option, and by mid afternoon I had talked myself into an icecream binge-fest, since I recalled my sister Daisy telling me Asda was doing new flavours of Hagen Daaz for just two pounds. The same price as swimming. An appropriate swap, methinks.

By the time I'd gotten off the train and digested my cuppa soup I felt a lot better, and the rain had stopped, and I thought "you know what, maybe I'll swim after all"- and I chickened out, and returned from the shop with a DVD, a family sized bag of Minstrels (there are already just 4 of these delectable pieces of recovery food remaining), another of Malteasers, and two tubs of Ben and Jerrys. I know I've been fantasising about marscapone Hagen Daaz all afternoon, but it turned out not only did Asda not have said flavour, the tubs were all £3.50! AND there is a new B&j's flavour; "Fairly Nutty" which sound like a cross between pralines and cream and clusters cereal. At only £3 a tub it would be rude not to review this new flavour, I figured, but not without also picking up my favourite, half baked. The DVD I got out of the bargain bin was "The Interview" a re-make directed by and starring Steve Busccemi and also Sienna Miller. I shall report in the morning a review of the film, and also the ice cream!

Why am I so weak willed?! I dispair at myself. And also at my long trawling blog entries. I am so hopeless at finding the time to come online- I always have such witty entries in mind and then lose it all as soon as I get a moment, such as 15 minutes waiting for hair removal cream to do its thing- speaking of which, my skin is current;y burning, and as I have demolished all the minstrels, I shall sign off now and hit the shower...

PS: The newspaper photographer came today, was very quick and efficient, should have got some good shots of me with a boa constrictor in the tropical house at Shepreth, so I'm just waiting to do the interview over the phone with the reporter now! I hope it helps raise a few more funds!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home