Sunday, August 01, 2010

a bit of a slow start- thanks George!


The aching of my pectorals is beginning to subside now my body is accepting that I will be doing pressups every morning! Due to the initial aching I've been going steady and just doing girly (from the knee) ones, but today I did a set of 20 with a set of 10 manly (from the toe) ones followed by another set of 20 girly ones, and I began sit ups today aswell, so I'll see if my stomach is sore later!!!
I set out for a jog on friday. i was quite psyched up for it, and to help keep me going and so I would look less of a prat I took my sisters dog George with me. Not such a great idea as it turned out. We did a brisk walk and when we got onto the common, I started running (training plan suggests 20 minutes of running for 1 minute followed by walking for a minute and a half to begin with). George began limping badly so, feeling bad for him, I checked out his legs and shoulders (nothing wrong there) and turned for home, at which point he began running in the homeward direction! Thge little bugger was feigning injury to avoid running!!! We continued on our way and unfortunately the main field I wanted to run around was full of tents for the Cmbridge Folk Festival, so I knew it would be a nightmare as the nosy french bulldog would want to investigate the interior of each tent, so we went up to the top of the field where there was more space, and I could let him off the leash. I began running again, and about 50 yeards on, turned to see George had come to a halt, and then turned around to take himself home. I sprinted after him, clipped him onto the lead and gave up, but not before dragging him around a circuit of the front field of the common so he would know he hadn't won. So all in all a bit of a failure. I'm going to try again on monday (it's the monthly reptile and bug meeting tonight) and go alone I think!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home