Tuesday, August 10, 2010

3 days break = pain

Ok so I had a 3 day weekend last week due to a wedding and things like that and I'm ashamed to say despite my best intentions I didn't run, swim, or even do any of my usual morning workout. The result being a really miserable session of swimming and running after work yesterday!

One good think I did do over the weekend was meet up with old friend and biology teacher from school, Hilary Tunnicliffe, who does a heck of a lot of breast cancer awareness campaigning, and also used to do a lot of rowing. Her top tip was to start playing with chalk every day to toughen up my skin and prevent blisters from padlding when i'm in the jungle! She said back in the day when it was black boards and chalk in chool she never suffered when rowing, but when they brought in white boards and markers, her hands had a realy hard time! So this is something I will do closer to the event as reckon it'll only take a couple of weeks, and my hands are pretty tough and callousy from my zoo job anyway, which is good.

On saturday me and my mum did a stand at a crafts and antiques market in Hope St Yard off Mill Road. (pictured above, me and Roxy manning the stand) It was badly organised and we made lower sales than hoped for, but I did make £21 for the fund by selling a few hand made greetings cards and jewellery, so thats good. A bit more came in from a volunteer from work yesterday too, so thats great!

Today a newspaper reporter from Cambridge news will be meeting me at work to take a picture and information for an article to go in the paper, I'm hoping this will really help with the fundraising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home