Monday, August 02, 2010

A successful run!!!

Hoorah! I ran!! And swam! I'm feeling exceptionally proud of myself as did a bit of weights and also some stomach crunches last night, and today (despite my aching torso) went swimming straight from work, and then as soon as I got in I changed my togs, grabbed my sister's new dog Roxy (pictured left), and headed out to see if she was up for running- and she was! Result!! We did better than the first week plan and for 20 minutes ran for a minute and walked for a minute (instead of a minute and a half of walking- get us!). And you know what, it wasn't nearly so bad as I thought it would be! And now, finally sitting down at 9.20pm, I am topping off my day of health with a quorn "chicken" fillet and some stir fried veg. AND I had salad for lunch! Boy am I feeling smug! I also got a tenner off a volunteer at work for the kitty, and a tenner in the post from my best mate Andi. Way to go!!

I wish I could blog while I'm swimming by using the power of my mind to tap into the computer, it seems to be the only time I get where the thoughts and ideas flow... earlier on I was thinking,

Christ, this blog is going to be one boring slog of me moaning and whinging about how much I'm hurting etc, but right now I'm feeling great! It must be the endorphins. I'm not just goingtopost about my physical condition though- my trainign for the raft race will also include a lot of brushing up on my species recognition, so as I learn more about the animals I may encounter and how long it will take for their venom to take affect if I get bitten (!) I will share my findings right here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Roxy looks like she doesnt have a face! :D

August 06, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home