Monday, August 23, 2010

Canoeing!

On friday evening, me and collegue Alex headed off to the Norfolk Broads for a night of camping (Alex's first time!) followed by a morning of canoeing, by way of a little Amazon training!! We spent 3 hours on the water which was thoroughly enjoyable, though I'm sure not as wild and fast as Peru will be, but most importantly, it highlighted for me a few muscle clusters in my arm that have clearly not been getting worked when I exercise, but that could do with some conditioning to prepare me for paddling. In the meanwhile I need to get one of those giant rubber bands that you stand on and then pull to tone your arms! We also paid a visit to zoo "Africa Alive", which was most enjoyable, and the best bird of prey display with a peregrine falcon we'd ever seen!

I didn't work out yesterday, but I think 13 hours on your feet working with only a half hourbreak might count in itself?!

I found out my good friend Faye who's chap runs the Cross Keys pub in Llandudno has successfully raised £200 for the cause!! Well done Faye!! What a great friend, and fundraiser.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home