Friday, January 20, 2006

Montage time!

Alright so I got a cd back today so have more pics for you. Things we've done since that I don't have pics of yet were pink dolphins at Sentosa and the underwater world which were so cool (with a dugong named Gracie!!) Sentosa is an island resort with lots od attractions, and we went Luging- like toboggoning only with no rails!! Very good fun.

Today we visited the Jurong Reptile Paradise, which was so disgusting, run down and un kept I was really shocked. The welfare of most of the animals was so compromised I was close to tears, particularly a 15 foor salt water croc with such severe injuries to his face that we at first thought he was dead, as his skull was sticking through his skin and what was left of his eyes were being eaten by flies. The snakes were all in really unsuitable accommodation and one that the bloke gave me to hold (a small green tree python) was so, so skinny and had a really badly damaged eye. Needless to say I got a lot of pictures and will be writing a very bad review for the zoo magazine.

Mark has left us now and tonight me and Fyf are going to return to the night safari (which was really excellent and had some very unusual animals. Keith- while I was there I was pulled up on stage to take part in some tribal war dancing, in which I was very sporting but thought of you doing hula!!) to hang out but not drink beer, because it's $10.90 a bottle! Outrageous!!

I just checked Daisy's blog and nearly wet myself! It's so funny!! Particularly those of you we hung out with in Hawaii should check it out as there's camping pics! www.daisy-dukes.blogspot.com

take care all. Lots of love xxxxxx

Exploring Little India...

The old...
...and the new...

A yellow tiger guarding the temple of 1000 lights

Not sure what temple this is but it looked amazing!

Clarke's Quay...
This image and the two below are from an area called Clarkes Quay, which is a strip of resteraunts along side the river very near to the hotel we stayed in when we first arrived. Really cool at night!
Animal stuff...
Pelican feeding at the bird park. All the pelicans leapt into a tank of goant fish and then the keepers chucked in smaller fish for them to eat and there was a big frenzy in the water of pelicans and giant fish all having a feast!

Fiona buddying with an albino kingsnake at the zoo. It didn't look too well to me, I reckon it had a herniated gut or something as it looked like a string of sausages.


A gorge male green iguana
An african grey flying over starlings and bee eaters at Jurong Bird Park

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home