Thursday, October 10, 2013

Where is the time going?

Yesterday I turned 30. Some of my peers are terrified or hung up about this day coming around for them.. I'm not so bothered. Had a fabulous day with my sister and family. Indoor skydiving for starters, followed by a cheeky whiz round IKEA, unplanned shopping spree in Cambridge (a bit more Xmas shopping in the bag, result!! Almost done now- pretty much the only thing I am ever organised about), then I had a belly dance lesson in the evening, which I particularly enjoyed- must get practising for an event my alter ego, one Good Gracious is performing at in November... how to find the time!



Since I last blogged have been busy doing cover work and film jobs for Amazing Animals around trying to settle into my new digs, get Eddie Rook settled in, and plan my next move...

Have had an awesome day today working for Inspired Life on their role models programme. I'm really enjoying taking the time to work with kids in schools to help them to see their lives and futures from a different perspective, and share the natural world with them, it sounds cliché but it's really so gratifying to see those "light bulb moments" and most of all help people overcome their apprehensions of reptiles and bugs and such. And of course hanging out with the other guys involved with I.S. since I got involved earlier this year is great, a really interesting mix of people doing awesome and inspiring things, the kinds of people I'd always hoped to meet at college or uni but never did... and then I get chatting to the company's founder on a random flight back from Morocco... funny how life works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home