Wednesday, September 25, 2013

When I am grown up...


Today has been a whole lot more productive than yesterday, mentally if not physically. Thanks to my good friend Mr Matthew Blake (round world cyclist and all round good guy) providing me with appropriate "you can do it" type words of wisdom, I started the day off feeling a whole lot less alone. I ploughed on with personal admin (see above)- changing addresses on a million things, renewing animal transport licenses and so on... then went into town to get a job. My first target was Lush, somewhere I've always fancied and friends had recommended to me. As luck would have it they have positions Monday to Friday available, but annoyingly couldn't take my CV without a cover letter, no big deal drop one in tonight and then hope they like me!

Realised I may have developed a caffeine addiction during the course of the latest lot of filming, open day, moving house type activities (arrghhhh) due to the banging headaches I've had the last couple of days when I've made a point of going without the coffee... cue silver lining- went to Clowns cafe on Kings Street (favourite Italian family run place I've been frequenting since I was about 5) to sort out headache with a cappuccino as a reward for potential job success and was served by an unbelievable tall, handsome and well muscled guy who I've not seen working in there before. It's all about the little things! :) On my way back checked out an awesome busker in the town centre- town had a good atmosphere today.

Whizzed back to feed the pony (Maggie) and get the tortoise (Titus) in, give the rook (Eddie) a tea time snack and change for my belly dancing class tonight, with one gorgeous Demelza Fox and on for a date night with my old school friend Irene, who has a night off from the kids. As I walked up the road to Maggie's field, kids were playing on a swing hanging from the tree at the end of the cul-de-sac, folks were washing their cars outside- all a bit cliché but I thought you know what, maybe this isn't going to be so bad after all.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home