Tuesday, September 24, 2013

This time I'm really back- the next chapter begins

A LOT has happened since my last post. I left my work at the Zoo in Cambridgeshire and went to assist in the restoration and running of a dilapidated zoo in North Devon. Serious adventure that went rather tits up and resulted in me going back to the Oxfordshire based company I've worked for on and off for about 12 years now (remember the American fella I fell in love with in Peru? That didn't work out), and there I resided for the last two years working as a wild animal wrangler for TV and film, until this month, which has seen me have a bit of a drastic change.

 For the first time in my life I am not a full time zoo keeper. I've moved back into the Cambridgeshire direction and am currently typing from a small caravan parked in my mums front garden, while my pet rook, Eddie, screams "Aaow, NO!" from the back garden. It reeks of mid-life crisis in here and I'm experiencing huge pangs of self doubt. But I do have a plan. Lots of plans actually, but it's going to be a tough few months- I figure getting it all out on here will, I hope, keep me sane- or at least as close as possible to maintaining levels of eccentricity close to what is "normal" for me. Watch this space....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home