Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I'm aliiiive!!


The alligator swim happened! It was about as fantastic as any experience can be, a little scary at first what with it being a different environment and style of handling animals than I am used to, but once I got in the swing of things (and Battle the alligator got used to me) it really was incredible. I feel so privileged to have had such an awesome predator tolerate me in his own environment, and the support of my friends, colleagues and family, and even friends of friends, in supporting me in my fund raising challenge has been fantastic. It's not too late to give support to the crocodile conservations charity I chose... Follow the instructions below!

It was a pleasure to finally meet the lovely Mr James Hennesy at the Reptile Village, and we talked about some field survey work in Guatamala next year... watch this space!!

As for now, this afternoon I will leave Llandudno where I've been for a couple of nights with family, and head for the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine to meet my friend Paul Rowley, who is a venom extractor- I've been wanting to snoop around his snake collection for a while now so am very excited!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home