Monday, September 06, 2010

wit woo!

This afternoon it was raining. But while I was in the emu field picking up poo I was delighted to be wolf whistled! OK so it was Ali, one of my Amazon parrots, overlooking me, who thought I looked pretty darn sexy in my oversized rain mac, but hey, it cheered me right up!

So I feel the summer is well and truly over. While cycling home from the station with water and road muck spraying up my backside ("new" bike is devoid of mud guards, must get on ebay for some tonight) I imagined how much more bearable it will be to be soaked with warm rain in a hot climate. I was fortunate enough to live in Hawaii for a while, and I remember going up north for a day to go hiking in some jungle, and getting absolutely poured on by hot rain water, and it being rather a bizarre and not at all unplesant experience!

So I have just got showered and dry, and am about to embark on a flat tidying mission, as it is well overdue. So cue a bit of Motorhead, and a glass of southern comfort (as am out of gin and tonic, which would be my preferred choice of house tidying fuel) and I clean out snake tanks (as I remembered to grab a ton of evening standard papers off the train, well done me!), do some water changes on the fish tanks, tidy my rooms and even hoover! Thats the idea anyway, and with any luck I will find my camera USB thingy to upload photos with, and hopefully also my guitar tuner! Watch this space...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home