Wednesday, September 15, 2010

my debut open mic appearance!

Eek! It's getting so close!! People have been asking me for a while now if I'm getting excited and the truth until now had been "not really, I'm too busy rushing around organising things, it won't really seem real until I'm on the plane".. I was wrong! I am bursting with excitement now!

Bethyn, Fyf and I have been in calls all week sorting out the final details, my fundraising heros Irene, Faye and Hilary are getting their funds sorted too (thansk for the cheque today Hil!)- Faye messaged me today to let me know she'd be waiting until friday to make the transfer as she and her partner Marcus want to have one last push for funds at the open mic night in their pub tomorrow night. I thought this was such a great idea a wrote a song (about what I'm doing and why people should sponsor me)on the train home, just recorded a video of it and am in the process of emailling it over so they can play it on their projector on the night!! I'll also put it on facebook so you can check it out here:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=535205704#!/video/video.php?v=10150274812595705&oid=134736266557666

Other raft race news is that we heard of some people who last year had the genius idea of buying plastic garden chairs, sawing the legs off and screwing them to their raft for comfort! So we have ordered ourselves some seats as 2 out of 4 of us have bad backs!! We have also put our names down for some limited edition hand painted paddles that we can take home afterwards! Well done Beth you are a marvellous captain!!

Life news I have been having trouble with two very pesky boa constrictors Talulah and Tyla who busted out of their tank a record 3 times within 2 days, the final time actually pushing a pain of glass out of the vivarium and breaking the runners! So DIY action needed and I'm currently awaiting the wood glue to set so I can return the snake to where they belong! They end up in some funny places when they escape- 'Lula went up on top of the viv and put herself away in her own carry bag and Tyla some how squeezed into a set of paperwork drawers!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home