Saturday, September 11, 2010

Help! Bad reaction to vaccines!


What a busy couple of days it has been- well, yesterday was really busy, today was pretty much a write off due to horriffic reactions to fridays jabs.

So I got my jabs (and DEET- mega fly repellent- and special powder to prevent foot rot- thanks Lizzy!- and Rescue Remedy, and a head torch, and pro-plus (well, the pound shops own version of pro plus!), and antiseptic spray, and new walking boots- bargain from TK Mazz and served by an exceptionally attractive young man :)- , and malaria tablets and a whole bunch of other miscellaneous crap that is neccessary for travelling to remote parts of jungle). I had forgotten what a faf and also how expensive it is organising exotic foreign trips!! In the last 5 years all my adventures (many unfortunately not written in this blog) have been within Europe.

By the time I was cycling back from town at the end of the day my right arm (yes right arm, and for the record I am right handed- because I'd already had one jab at a private travel clinic, the nurse at the doctor thought it kinder to put the other two in my right arm) was really aching. I stayed the night with my mum in her caravan and by bed time I was in agony. I couldn't sleep a wink for the pain every time my body moved and in the morning I even needed help dressing!! We were up at silly'o'clock so to a car boot sale. We pitched up at about 7am but only stayed about 2 and a half hours before the rain and wind got too much to bear, and as I started feeling really poorly. beyond just the dead (and painful) arm, I was going hot and cold, had a banging headache, lethargic and even my kidneys hurt! We figured since we did quite well (almost £40 for the charity) in a short time and didn't reckon it'd get much better, we called it a day and headed back to the caravan so we could chill out and watch a movie. Sure enough, by the afternoon it was hot and the sun was shining. Still it was wasted on me as I was a write off, dozing ont the sofa. What we did achieve though, was dying and braiding my hair in prep for Peru, as I figured Beth would appreciate some bright pink (for the cause) and also when it's braided I don't need to worry about it getting tangled, or having to wash it. Here's the results... what do you think?!
I totted up the money that has been pledged so far and I reckon I'm at around the £1500 mark- not bad for 6 weeks work guys! Thanks so much everyone for your support. It's not too late to donate though, just click on the blog link to the post entitled "how to donate to Action4Cancer".
Well my arm has eased up a lot now, as have the kidneys, so hopefully I'll sleep off the headache and remaining stiffness and be good as new for work tomorrow!

Only one week to go.. EEEK! :)

PS as you can tell I found my camera USB cable (and my guitar tuner!) so I've added pictures to the past few posts where appropriate, as promised.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home