Thursday, December 01, 2005

James and Paul Do Hawaii: Part 6: The Last Day

Saturday 12th November
I was at work all day and the boys amused themselves. Ay work I helped construct a new exhibit, pictured below. I am so proud of my efforts, which was pretty much doing the whole thing, including planting the log with real ferns. Once done, me and Conor released the Dendrobates into the exhibit. They are blue poison dart frogs (if you squint or enlarge the picture you can see a little blue blob to the left of the small log on the right hand side of the tank. Theres another one under a bamboo leaf on the left.
The beauty below is my thigh after being stot by Paul at point blank range with a rubber band. OUCH!!! He pretended it was Conor, who I was mad at for about a week before discovering the truth.
Sunday 13th November: The last Day

We visited the zoo and spent a whopping 3 1/2/ hours looking around, I did my best guided tour yet and we were really lucky to see loads of animals that are usually hiding. I didn't actually take many pictures though! Above, proud parents. Our hammerkops have just started both coming out of their nest atthe same time, which means the egg or eggs they've been incubating for the last few weeks have hatched! So every wednesday when I'm working in the aviary I keep a close eye on the hole in their nest for a little head to poke out. No luck so far though. Below, the happy couple and their enormous nest.

This is a wild green anole. A huge one! It was resting on one of the signposts by a tree in the savannah section. I was so excited to see it!!

A meerkat licking its bits. Heh heh.


Naomi and James head out to surf for an hour, leaving me and Paul to swim in the ocean and watch the sunset. I took a bunch of sun set pictures for James' sister Claire as she'd asked him for some but he didn't think to take any til the last night (so I did it for him). It wasn't the most spectacular sunset but it was still pretty flippin nice! I threw in a couple of the moon aswell, which rose opposite the beach as the sun set. Hope you like them!





Naomi washes in.

Naomi and James come out of the water after dark (looking very pleased with themselves).

James watching the open air movie on the edge of the beach, with cars whizzing up the street behind him. I really like this picture.

A pretty view of Koko Marina as we crossed the bridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home