Wednesday, October 26, 2005

New Address!!!

Aloha all!! At long last I can tell you my new address! Devon, Keith and Danielle are moving in as I write this, and I will be leaving Mililani and joining them on Thursday. OK so here it is...
602 Koko Isle Circle
Honolulu, HI
96825
United States
To complete this post, I have added some pictures of some of the animals I've spend the last couple of weeks looking after, some snaps from a night out with my homies last night and also a random one that slipped the net when I did the 'misc.' post the other day!
First I would like to introduce Snoopy the mongoose. Suzie (my boss) hand reared her and as a result, she only likes Suzie, and tries to kill everyone else (literally) which means I can't let her out of her cage while Suzie is away. This means Snoopy can't get as much exploring or exercising (environmental enrichment) as if she were let out around the house so she gets bored and paces (she actually does 3 different stereotypies; twirling, weaving and pacing- repetetive actions that stimulate the production of endorphins in her brain that make her feel nice and help her cope with being shut inside).
SO! To help alleviate some of Snoopy's boredom, what I did was make a hole in a tennis ball and put her food inside it, rather than in her food dish. The ball goes on top of her cage, so she has to reach up through the bars and roll it around to get the bits of food to drop out. She got the hang of it quite quickly but it still means she has to work for her food, and she paces a little bit less now, which is great, and it's fun watching her too. (after I took the pictures I had to make a barrier round the cage top to stop the ball from rollong right off though!)
"Oi! What's that on top of my cage?! And where's my dinner?!"

"... if only I could reach that hole..."
"...a little handy work... and finally, success!!"

This is Flora, one of the three cats ...
...and her sister, Fauna, caught in the act of licking her bits. Ha ha!



Last night we went out for Ashley's birthday, to Dave and Busters- a bar/resteraunt/pool hall/arcade. Devon and Danielle won prize tickets on the games but lamented that even between them they hardly had enough tickets to pick up a really snazzy prize at the end! Not that that stopped them fooling about in the gift prize shop...
Heh heh!
Oops, attack of the sideways picture again! Still, you can still appreciate the kitch beauty of this public taxi-phone!

Woo! Look at the cute millipede! Big, eh? I found it on the pavement after one of my friday lectures at the university a couple of weeks ago. As you can see, I was very pleased with myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home