Monday, October 24, 2005

Miscelaneous

Good news, everyone! We found a new place to live!!! It's in Hawaii Kai, on the Koko Isle (an island on an island!!!!) It's closer to work, the shops and bars and our friends. Plus Hanuma Bay, a great snorkelling spot. Anyway, the address and more details will follow. Here is a selection of random pictures... I was hoping to have time to fit a few more on but have to run now, as going back to 'Nalo for the day as we're out for a mates birthday tonight. Enjoy!
This sign is attatched to to our 'Nalo house and I think it's really funny- especially since it is positioned on the house so low down, it's only use would be in warding off peddlars that happen to also be midgets!

A tree surgeon sorting out the coconuts on this palm on a very windy day in Waimanalo. The palms have to be pruned quite a lot now the fall is coming, so the coconuts don't fall and knock anyone out! I've even see a tree surgeon climb up the trees to work on them!

A stray white trash bash pic. Check out the authentic stains down Dev's wife beater!!

Me, Danielle and Devon on a night out last Thurdsay in Hawaii Kai, very near out new house. We are so excitind about being able to have a more hassle-free social life in our new place, with being closer to our friends and places to hang out!

Ok, last week I got stung by a bee on the underneath of one of my toes, and then the following morning bitten by mosquitos on the same toe. It swelled up and my foot was paralysed for 3 days! Excruciatingly painful. Can you tell which toe it is?! I actually took this photo before it got worse! After a few days I could move it again and the pain wasn't so bad, but lots of dark purple bruising appeared. Really strange!

A very dramatic evening sky I was met with upon getting off the bus in Mililani. The sunsets and skies are very different from on the East coast- much darker and moodier, and more cloudy. Very prehistoric/apocalypitic. I love it! Last week I watched the full moon rise while floating on my back in the swimming pool here. It was huge and shone dazzling sliver white and was occationally partially obscured by dark, smokey clouds that it illuminated the edges of. All the other clouds that covered the sky were burnt red. It was incredible. Just like something off a backdrop of a budget horror movie.

No, Dev doesn't think she is at the beach- this is Keiths "work desk"- a coffee table and sun chair set up in their bedroom. He say's its the most comfotable arrangement he's managed so far. The bikini? That's how hot it is in the house most of the time. Clothes have become a thing of the past!
Me and Naomi in our rain gear during a very wet Friday in Waikiki. When I came out of the zoo and saw her in this full-length, birght yellow plastic dress I nearly peed my pants! And she cracked up over my bumble bee umbrella!

The last one's standing at Marisol and Co's tuesday night pudding party... hiking in nalo with D the following day relieved some of the guilt from pigging out!

Jess playing in the pool on pudding night... or is it Jesus walking on water?!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home