Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Dead stuff, Lost premiere & Boogieboarding

Hi all,
Sorry its been so long. I wanted this update to be longer as I've lots to tell but have to let Keith back on the computer so here's three little posts to keep you going.
Aloha, G x

Local [dead] wildlife


This red vented bulbul was on my front patch the other day under the plumeria as if it had just dropped dead while perching! I plucked its tail (inc red vent) and stuck it in my sketchbook and am in the process of drawing the body as if its attatched to the feathers.


Now this is a little dashing mongoose that I've seen at the top of my street and drawn in my journal. I saw a huge dead one a few weeks ago and I can't tell you my regret at not getting a photo, as I'm building up quite a collection of various deadies.


Spotted dove, hit by a car across the road from my house.

A small dessicated gecko (tail-less)
Marine toad. Ouch.


Story of a fish: Part 3
Remember that pufferfish? Well I finally retrieved the skull from under ther house and the ants had done a great job of cleaning it up...

so I drew it....And now I'm wearing it (well, part of the beak at least)...



Lost Premiere
The premiere of the new season of Lost was held in Waikiki a couple of weeks ago so we went along and battled with the seething masses to see the stars on the beach and were going to watch the first episode too, but the weather got foul and we were drenched, with nowhere to sit and some of the avid fans were getting aggressive, so we ended up watching the premiere on TV a week later instead!
Above, the back of the dude who plays Syid.
Below, The dude who plays Jin.



Boogieboarding
I Havn't been out on the board much lately because I've been so busy but went out last night to get some pics for you but unfortunately the ocean was really calm and the waves were RUBBISH! Here's me anyway....

This is me on a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home