Thursday, September 15, 2005

Mail boxes





Ok basically the American mail box was invented to save the postman ever having to leave the comfort of the driving seat in his van. All he has to do is lean out the window and stick your post in th box. If you want to send a letter you put it in the box too, and raise the little red flag to let him know and he collects you out going letters. Unfortunately the mail box is rather unsightly and so the clever people of Waimanalo paint pictures, build sculptures or grow plants around the boxes. There are so many cool ones i've seen around, better than what I'm posting now (the one with the wooden frame thing round is just downright weird), but not always in places that are practical for me to snap, short of me pulling the emergency cord on the bus! So I will do my best to update this page as and when.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home